You are here

Return home


Where a pensioner departs aged care to return to the former home or a new home, his or her pension assessment needs to be reviewed to take into account the changed circumstances.

The balance of any accommodation bond paid will be refunded by the facility.  When the balance of the bond is refunded, the person's income and assets will need to be reviewed to take account of the funds received.

If the person commences paying private rent, rent assistance may be payable.

Where a person is assessed as a member of an illness separated couple while in aged care, this will cease if they return home to their partner.