You are here

Return to family


Where a pensioner departs aged care to be cared for by family, his or her pension assessment needs to be reviewed to take into account the changed circumstances.

The balance of any accommodation bond paid will be refunded by the facility.  When the balance of the bond is refunded, the person's income and assets will need to be reviewed to take account of the funds received.

If the person commences paying private rent, rent assistance may be payable.

The person providing care for the pensioner may be entitled to income support as a carer.  The carer should be referred to Centrelink.