You are here

Amount paid assessed as entry contribution


A person in aged care may have an amount they paid for entry to a facility assessed as an entry contribution if:

  • they entered aged care before 1 October 1997; or
  • they currently reside in a facility that is not an approved aged care facility under the Aged Care Act 1997.

Where such a person moves to a new facility, they may be required to pay an accommodation bond under the post 1 October 1997 rules.

Such cases should be dealt with as new entrants to aged care.    More