You are here
Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004
Chapter 4 Part 7 Division 4 Sections 221 to 225
Chapter 5 Part 2 Division 5 Sections 245 to 249
Chapter 6 Part 4 Division 4 Sections 300 to 303
Stated Current Purpose/Intent
To assist eligible members and wholly dependent partners of deceased members, the allowance is based on the Supplement provided under the VEA and replaces the former telephone and pharmaceutical allowances. The MRCA Supplement is payable at a rate of either $6.20 (low rate) per fortnight or $12.40 (high rate) per fortnight, depending on eligibility.
- The above rates of payment are applicable as at 1 January 2015 and are indexed annually on 1 January.
Current Eligibility Criteria
The following are eligible for MRCA Supplement:
- members eligible for treatment under Chapter 6 Part 3;
- members eligible for SRDP;
- members eligible for maximum permanent impairment compensation (assessed at 80 points or more); or
- wholly dependent partners of deceased members eligible for a compensation following death under the MRCA.
Date of Introduction
1 July 2004
The original purpose has not changed.
Significant Changes in Criteria or Purpose Since Introduction
Telephone and pharmaceutical allowances replaced by MRCA Supplement from 20 September 2009.