You are here
Education Entry Payment (EdEP)
Veterans' Entitlements Act 1986
Section 118AA (eligibility)
Section 118AAB (need for a claim)
Section 118AAC (entitlement to and amount of payment)
Section 118AAD (payment to be refunded)
Stated Current Purpose/Intent
To assist eligible pensioners with the costs of enrolling in a course of study to develop their skills, obtain a qualification; or to improve their employment prospects.
Current Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible, a person must be receiving:
- an invalidity service pension; or
- an income support supplement; or
- a partner service pension, and their partner is receiving an invalidity service pension.
In addition, the person must be:
- under pension age; and
- be enrolled or intend to enrol in either a full-time or part-time course of education which is an approved course under the Austudy scheme; and
- be qualified for financial supplement under the student financial supplement scheme, or if not in receipt of financial supplement, be qualified to receive the Pensioner Education Supplement (PES) paid by Services Australia; and
- have not already received an EdEP in the current calendar year.
Date of Introduction
There have been no changes to the original purpose/intent.
Significant Changes in Criteria or Purpose Since Introduction