You are here
Malignant Neoplasm of the Endometrium B045
In this section
Current RMA Instruments:
|Reasonable Hypothesis SOP||11 of 2016|
|Balance of Probabilities SOP||12 of 2016|
Changes from previous Instruments:
- ICD-9-CM Codes: 182.0
- ICD-10-AM Codes: C54.1
This SOP covers cancer of the lining of the uterus.
Confirming the diagnosis
Diagnosis requires histological examination of tissue obtained from endometrial biopsy, a dilation and curettage procedure, or surgical removal.
The relevant medical specialist is a gynaecologist or gynaecological oncologist.
Diagnoses covered by SOP
- Adenoacanthoma of the endometrium
- Adenocarcinoma of the endometrium
- Adenosquamous, clear cell and papillary serous carcinoma of the endometrium
- Carcinoma-in-situ of the endometrium
- Carcinosarcoma of the endometrium
- Malignant mesodermal mixed tumour of the endometrium
Conditions excluded from SOP
- Hodgkin's lymphoma of the endometrium*
- Leiomyoma (fibroid) of the uterus#
- Malignant neoplasm of the cervix*
- non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the endometrium*
- soft tissue sarcoma of the endometrium*
*another SOP applies, # nonSOP
Clinical onset will be when the condition was first diagnosed. It may be possible to backdate onset to the start of of relevant symptoms that led to the diagnosis, however such symptoms, e.g. bleeding or pain, may be non-specific.
The SOP has only an inability to obtain apropriate clinical management factor for worsening. Timely treatment can alter the course of the condition. Establishing whether worsening beyond the normal course of the disease has occurred will generally require expert medical opinion.