You are here
Treatment Benefits (Special Access) Act 2019
Section 28 (eligibility)
Section 30 (rate)
Section 31 (payability)
Stated Current Purpose/Intent
To assist eligible Gold Card holders under the Treatment Benefits (Special Access) Act 2019 in meeting the cost of prescription medications.
Current Eligibility Criteria
All Gold Card holders under the Act who are Australian residents and who do not receive a precluding payment and who are either in Australia or temporarily (less than 26 weeks) outside Australia.
Precluding payments are:
- Veterans Supplement
- MRCA Supplement
- Pharmaceutical allowance or pension supplement under the Social Security Act 1991
- Wholly Dependent Partner payment (including lump sums) under the MRCA
- War Widow(er) Pension
- Service Pension
- Veteran Payment
- Pharmaceutical Supplement under BNT/BCOF Act
Date of Introduction
1 July 2019
- Pharmaceutical Supplement is paid fortnightly.
- The payment rate is set as equal to the rate of Veterans Supplement under section 118C of the Veterans' Entitlements Act 1986.
- The payment is non-taxable.