You are here

Ch 2 Eligibility

To be eligible to receive benefits under VCES or MRCAETS a student must be:

  • undertaking an approved course of study within Australia on a full-time basis (or part-time in certain circumstances see para 2.7.2 and 3.7.1) (see Course coverage); or
  • studying overseas in circumstances considered by the Commission to be exceptional (para 2.6.1)(see Overseas students); or
  • on an approved formal overseas exchange or scholarship to study overseas for up to 12 months (para 2.6.2), and
  • MRCAETS students must not be ordinarily engaged in full time employment on his or her own behalf.