You are here
9.11.3 Self Employment and Small Business Provisions
Under DRCA, MRCA and the VVRS, clients considering self employment may be provided with business related training (as described in following section), for example business management or particular technical expertise.
Any approval for assistance is subject to a thorough assessment indicating:
- that this activity is likely to result in sustainable employment;
- the types of support recommended (technical expertise, training, business planning, mentoring etc);
- particular modifications to any equipment required for the workplace; and
- the likely viability of the business enterprise.
A rehabilitation plan which includes a self employment objective is not able to provide:
- business loans;
- funding for tools of trade; or
- equipment needed to establish a business.