You are here
9.9 Work Trials
Last amended16 June 2014
Work Trials are used to achieve a return to work for clients who are not able to return to their original workplace.
A large proportion of DVA clients are ex ADF members who have been medically discharged, and therefore unable to continue their role within the ADF.
A work trial is a valuable opportunity for a person participating in a rehabilitation program to:
- gain a recent civilian work history and referees;
- update existing skills;
- gain new skills;
- test out their capacity for work;
- become more competitive in the job seeking process;
- gain confidence in themselves and their abilities; and
- form social relationships and expanded support networks.
For the host employer a work trial facilitates:
- the benefit of an appropriately skilled worker whose wages are paid by the MRCC;
- increased productivity; and
- assessing the worker's ability to undertake employment with the employer should a position become available, whilst assisting the worker with their rehabilitation