You are here

7.8.8 To Whom is the compensation payable?

Payments to which a wholly dependent partner are entitled are payable to the wholly dependent partner, unless that person is under a legal disability.

If a delegate believes that a person may have a legal disability – that is, that they are mentally incapable of making financial and legal decisions for themselves – the delegate should contact the Director, Communication, Assurance and Support.. In such a case, the Commission may appoint a trustee  to whom the payments are to be made.

Compensation for the cost of financial and/or legal advice is payable to the person who made the claim or, if that person so directs to:

  • the person who gave the advice; or
  • any other person who incurred the cost of the advice.