You are here
10.1.1 Legislative and Policy Provisions
The provision of alterations, modifications, aids and appliances are covered under:
- Part 11 of the Treatment Principles made under the Veterans' Entitlements Act 1986 (VEA), which extend provision of Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP) services to clients with a Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation (Defence-related Claims) Act 1988 (DRCA) White Card;
- Part 11 of the MRCA Treatment Principles made under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004 (MRCA), which extend provision of RAP services to clients with a MRCA White or Gold Card;
- section 39 of the DRCA;
- sections 144A - C of the DRCA which states that if treatment (including aids and appliances) for the client’s injury or illness could be provided under the MRCA or the VEA then it should be, unless exceptional circumstances apply;
- sections 54 to 59 in Chapter 3 of the MRCA;
- section 90 of the VEA, and in accordance with the Treatment Principles, which are prepared by the Repatriation Commission; and
- section 4.2 of the VVRS Instrument for those clients participating in a Veterans' Vocational Rehabilitation Scheme (VVRS) program.
Protocol 23 of the Protocols of Rehabilitation under the MRCA, outlined in section 1.4.2 of this Guide, states that the Commonwealth will meet the cost of all rehabilitation activities approved by a delegate. This includes examinations, assessments, aids, appliances and other activities included in a plan.