You are here
24.1.2 Checklist for Physiotherapy Requests
- Is there a current doctor's referral?
- Has liability been accepted for ALL conditions identified on the Notification of Commencement of Treatment advice? Seek confirmation if there is any doubt.
- Ongoing indefinite treatment requires recommendation and justification by provider and an approval, advised by an Injury Management Adviser.
- ALL requests for gym programs need recommendation of treating practitioner and approval.
- ALL requests for treatment aids need written justification from treating practitioner and approval.
Physiotherapy treatment should aim at providing functional outcomes for the client. These outcomes should be identifiable and form part of the practitioner's treatment plan.