You are here

10.8 Transfer from Ineligible Person to Joint Tenancy


If a Corporation advance or subsidised advance was taken over by an ineligible person (generally due to Family Law transfer consented to prior to 8/1/91), any request from that ineligible person for a certificate of entitlement to transfer to joint tenancy with:

  • another ineligible person, will be refused.
  • an eligible person, may be granted. However, such a transfer will remove the eligible person's right to apply for initial assistance under his or her own eligibility, as he or she will become a borrower under the legislation on the completion of the transfer and the Bank complying with the terms of the certificate.  Alternatively, the eligible person may apply for initial assistance in the normal way.