You are here

10.10 Family Court Orders


Requests for a certificate of entitlement to transfer a property, subject to a subsidised advance, to an ineligible person will be refused.  In this case the Corporation advance or subsidised advance must be discharged at the time of transfer and subsidy must cease.  Options which may be available to an ineligible spouse are:

  • leaving the property in the joint names of the eligible person and spouse (eligible person could not obtain Further Advance in this situation);
  • approaching Westpac for a transfer of the loan on an unsubsidised basis;
  • re financing through another financial institution; or
  • selling the property.