You are here
Bomb and Mine Clearance
A veteran who served after 29 October 1945 has qualifying service if they were awarded or are eligible to be awarded the:
- Naval General Service Medal, or
- General Service Medal (Army and Royal Air Force). More ?
These medals must have one of the following clasps:
- Mine-sweeping 1945-51
- Bomb-mine Clearance 1945-53
- Bomb and Mine Clearance 1945-49
- Bomb and Mine Clearance 1945-56
History Library - Post World War II Medals
Qualifying service is one of the criteria used to determine eligibility for certain benefits under the Veterans' Entitlements Act 1986. Refer to section 7A of the VEA for the full defintion.