You are here
Qualifying Service for Commonwealth Veterans
Commonwealth veterans can be eligible for a service pension if they have qualifying service for conflicts which involved the Australian defence force.
To have qualifying service, Commonwealth veterans must have served:
- during a period of hostilities, and
- as a member of a defence force established by a Commonwealth country, and
- in connection with war or war like operations in which the defence forces of Australia were engaged, and either
- incurred danger from hostile forces of the enemy in an area outside that country, or
- was awarded or was eligible to be awarded a campaign medal for service within that country.