You are here

3.3.3 Contact with the spouse/dependants


Sometimes the first Departmental/spouse contact may actually be initiated by the spouse. However where it is up to the delegate to take initiative, the initial contact with dependants living with a deceased serving member should always be performed through the unit, or alternatively by clearing that initial contact with the unit chaplain or with the Defence Community Organisation (DCO) first.

Later contacts may then be made directly, unless those family members are so distressed that it seems preferable to continue to transmit compensation information or the delegate's questions only via DCO or the unit's other personal support resources.