You are here
11.3.5 Information to be provided to the medical examiner
Delegates should ensure that specialist medical consultants are provided with all background information relevant to the examination. The letter of request should outline:
- the reason for the request
- the matter(s) to be decided by the Delegate
- the client's employment history relevant to the liability investigation
- all relevant service medical documents, and
- all other previous medical reports from other examiners.
Medical examiners should also be invited to offer any comment of relevance that is not covered in the letter of request.