You are here

2.19 Overseas residence

Last amended 
8 August 2017

The SRCA and MRCA places no specific restrictions on weekly incapacity payments to a person living overseas.

SRCA only - Section 120 is the only SRCA section with a direct reference to payments of compensation to a person overseas. Section 120 requires any person in receipt of weekly payments for a cumulative period of three months prior to leaving Australia, to report the date of that departure i.e. not later than 7 days after the departure. Subsequently, after a period of three months' absence from Australia, the person must notify his/her overseas residential address.