You are here

3.8.1 Dwelling-houses for incapacitated soldiers


Section 47 of the DSH Act empowers the Secretary to provide a dwelling-house for the use of a person who is receiving or is eligible to receive, a pension under Part II of the Veterans' Entitlements Act 1986 and to whom Section 24 of that Act applies, ie the Special Rate (T&PI) or (Blinded) pension.

Assistance under this provision is rarely provided and would not involve the usual application for a Certificate of Entitlement.  If a request for such assistance is received, full details of the case should be forwarded to the DHOAS Administration Manager at an early stage.