You are here
Australian Participants in British Nuclear Tests and British Commonwealth Occupation Force (Treatment) Act 2006
Section 23B (eligibility)
Section 23C (payability)
Section 23D (rate)
Stated Current Purpose/Intent
To assist eligible Gold Card holders under the Australian Participants in British Nuclear Tests and British Commonwealth Occupation Force (Treatment) Act 2006 in meeting the cost of prescription medications.
Current Eligibility Criteria
All Gold Card holders under the Act who are Australian residents and who do not receive a precluding payment and who are either in Australia or temporarily (less than 26 weeks) outside Australia.
Precluding payments are:
- Veterans Supplement
- MRCA Supplement
- Service Pension
- Pharmaceutical allowance or pension supplement under the Social Security Act 1991
- War Widow(er) Pension
- Wholly Dependent Partner payment (including lump sums) under the MRCA
Date of Introduction
1 July 2017.
- Pharmaceutical Supplement is paid fortnightly.
- The payment rate is set as equal to the rate of Veterans Supplement under section 118C of the Veterans' Entitlements Act 1986.
- The payment is non-taxable.