You are here
1.3 The DVA Rehabilitation Framework
DVA is committed to providing rehabilitation services based on best practice principles.
These principles are:
- care and respect for the client is paramount;
- early intervention processes and practices must operate;
- whole of person rehabilitation needs must be addressed;
- the client, and their significant other, must be actively involved in the development of an appropriate rehabilitation plan/program with realistic goals;
- all key stakeholders must be actively involved in an effectively coordinated plan/program of activities; and
- rehabilitation plans must be focused on whole-of-person goals and outcomes.
The Department will achieve this by:
- adopting the MRCA rehabilitation provisions to drive policy development for all DVA rehabilitation clients;
- applying nationally consistent standards, practices and principles;
- promoting excellence in service delivery and case co-ordination as the norm;
- adopting the Goal Attainment Scaling method to rehabilitation;
- challenging existing practices and reviewing and revising current approaches and policy;
- adopting a robust structure to measure success for rehabilitation activities;
- developing a supportive work environment which shares knowledge, experiences and expertise;
- promoting the importance of rehabilitation and its outcomes in the lives of DVA clients; and
- acknowledging the role of family, friends and significant others in the client's life in achieving long term positive outcomes in the rehabilitation process.