You are here
Special Rate (T&PI)
Under Section 24 of the VEA, a veteran is eligible for the Special Rate of the Disability Compensation Payment if they are considered to be totally and permanently incapacitated, that is, if the incapacity from war-caused injury or war-caused disease, or both, is of such a nature that:
- the degree of incapacity is at least 70 %; or
- the veteran is receiving/entitled to receive a pension at the 'general rate' due to Pulmonary tuberculosis;
- and because of this incapacity, the veteran is:
- incapable of undertaking remunerative work for periods aggregating more than 8 hours per week; and
- suffering a loss of salary or wages.
There is currently no content classified with this term.