Non-Government Subsidised care applies to the following groups:

  • pensioners residing in nursing homes or hostels that are not [glossary:approved facility:192];
  • pensioners who are residing in a nursing home or hostel but who are not approved care recipients. For instance, a person may be residing in a nursing home or hostel to be near to their partner who is receiving care (known as co-habitees) or a person may be in a multi purpose service (MPS) unit; and
  • pensioners residing in an approved facility but who receive accommodation only, require no care and therefore are not receiving Commonwealth [glossary:Government subsidised care:218].

No Commonwealth Government subsidy, including pensioner supplement, is payable to the facility in respect of their places.