Loss of earnings allowance can be paid where a [glossary:veteran:424] or a [glossary:member of the forces:694], [glossary:member of a peacekeeping force:539] or [glossary::125] is employed and has lost salary due to:

  • receiving treatment for a war or defence-caused disability (including waiting for the supply or repair of an artificial limb or other surgical aid),
  • using part or all of employer provided sick leave for a war or defence-caused disability, and now having no benefit to cover an absence for another illness, or
  • attending an appointment arranged by DVA for the investigation of a claim for [glossary:Disability Compensation Payment:574].