You are here
Funeral bond threshold
The consumer price index (CPI) provides the official measure of inflation in Australia. The CPI measures quarterly changes in the price of a 'basket' of goods and services which account for a high proportion of expenditure by the CPI population group (i.e. metropolitan households).
- the value of a person's principal home,
- any motor vehicle provided under the Vehicle Assistance Scheme,
- the value of any medal or decoration awarded for valour, other than used as an investment or hobby,
- up to two funeral bonds where the combined amount invested is within the funeral bond threshold,
- a prepaid funeral or cemetery plot
- value of a superannuation fund investment prior to pension age.
For a full legislative definition see section 52 of the VEA.
There is currently no content classified with this term.