You are here
DRS reference number
All reviews will be registered in the departmental review system (DRS) with a DRS reference number. This number uniquely identifies a review within DRS and is made up of:
- a prefix to identify whether the review is a specific or compliance review, eg the prefix S indicates a specific review in the number S-482035-018-01; a C would indicate a compliance review
- the UIN for the primary client, eg S-482035-018-01
- a three-digit number indicating the number of specific and compliance reviews undertaken for that client, eg S-482035-018-01
- a two-digit number indicating whether this is a primary review (01) or a linked review or appeal (02, 03 etc), eg S-482035-018-01.
The Departmental Review System (DRS) has been developed to semi-automate department-initiated processes for compliance review exercises and individual examiner-initiated specific review, and to promote a consistent approach to review processing. Some of the main features of the system are:
- streamlined processes for selecting high risk assessments for review and initiating compliance review exercises
- form and letter generation appropriate to the review reason and review stage
- scanning of barcodes on the return of the form to the office, to automatically advance the CMS case stage
- online presentation of compliance exercise details and outcomes
- online historical record of reviews undertaken for each pension assessment and their outcomes
- detailed and high-level reporting on the outcomes of reviews
- improved monitoring and reporting for review processing
Further information about DRS is available on the following intranet page:
DRS User Guide
A compliance review is a risk-based, department-initiated review based on risk profiling. Risk profiling identifies assessments containing high-risk characteristics such as volatile income and asset items. Examples of risk groups are pensioners who have not had their income and assets reviewed for a number of years or assessments with high-risk property that has not been revalued for many years.
A specific review is an event-based, department-initiated review, based on anticipated or known changes to a pensioner's personal or financial circumstances, likely to impact on the rate of pension.
- earnings review
- review of circumstances following notification of a changed address
- post-bereavement review
A subsequent review case created in the Departmental review system (DRS), to be linked to the original review case. Linking reviews enables DRS to report on the total payment outcomes of a review action even though more than one CMS case is involved. Further information about linked reviews can be found in the DRS User Guide.
There is currently no content classified with this term.