You are here
Remote Area Allowance - Tax Zones
taken from Income Tax Assessment ACT 1936.
1. All that portion of the mainland of Australia lying north of a line commencing at the westernmost point at which the 26th parallel of south latitude intersects the western coastline thence east to the 141st meridian of east longitude thence north to the south?eastern boundary of the Shire of Boulia thence generally north?easterly by the boundaries dividing the Shires of Winton Flinders Dalrymple and Herberton from the Shires of Boulia Cloncurry McKinlay Richmond Etheridge and Mareeba to the 145th meridian of east longitude thence north to the northern boundary of the Shire of Mareeba thence by that boundary and the boundary dividing the Shires of Douglas and Cook to the eastern coastline.
2. All the islands forming part of Australia lying adjacent to the coastline of the portion of Australia described in paragraph 1.
3. Macquarie Island.
4. Norfolk Island.
5. The Territory of Heard Island and McDonald Islands.
6. The Australian Antarctic Territory.
7. The Territory of Cocos (Keeling) Islands.
8. The Territory of Christmas Island.
9. Lord Howe Island.