You are here
6.5.2 Ongoing payments
(including overseas superannuation):
- Commencement date – prior to 13 July 1999, day after payments commenced; on/after 13 July 1999, day payments commenced, or day after end of notification period as applicable.
- Variation dates - use the dates actually paid, or if not available the dates payments were received by the person.
- Income - the investigation stage of the overpayment would have established the frequency of the payments and the conversion to Australian dollars should also have occurred at that stage. (The rate of exchange used for conversion should be the rate that was applicable at that time).
126.96.36.199 — Superannuation
- Commencement date - prior to 13 July 1999 day after payments commenced; from 13 July 1999 day payments commenced, or day after end of notification period as applicable.
- Variation dates – prior to 13 July 1999 the departmentally initiated run dates are to be used where applicable. Where the scheme is not subject to global updates, use the variation dates as provided by the fund, or the dates the pensioner received the payments. From 13 July 1999, for departmentally initiated super runs the variation should be effective from the 15 — th day from the day of the increase in super to align with the treatment of variations of private super. Where the scheme is not subject to “global” updates (i.e. private super), there is an obligation on pensioners to notify of value changes. Any changes in value notified within the 14 day notification period should be effective from the day following the notification period.
- Income - as per information provided on schedules (global runs) or by the superannuation fund.