You are here

2.8.1 Overview overpayment of Education Allowance (EA) from the VCES may occur when a student:

  • ceases attending full time education and does not advise VCES (a student loses eligibility when not in full time education)
  • incorrectly receives a dual payment from Centrelink for Youth Allowance (a student is not eligible to receive financial assistance from both the VCES and Centrelink); or
  • ceases to live away from home and does not advise VCES, (the living away from home rate of allowance is higher than for living with parents, and the student may be receiving rent assistance for which they are no longer entitled to receive). overpayment may result from a loss of eligibility or a change in payability.