You are here
Disability Pension Claims
Who can lodge a claim?
A claim for disability pension may be lodged by:
- a veteran, or
- another person on behalf of, and with the approval of, the veteran, or
- a person approved by Commission where the veteran is unable to approve a person to act on their behalf due to physical or mental incapacity. More ?
Proof of identity
In order to identify a claimant a proof of identity check must be made on all new claims.More ?
Requirements of a claim for disability pension
A claim for disability pension requires investigation of the claimant's medical condition and service record. The claimant is required to do the following:
- complete an application form,
- state, on the application form, the reasons why they think their condition is related to service, and
- seek diagnosis of the condition being claimed from a GP or specialist.
The claimant may also be required to provide other evidence to support the claim on request such as:
- employment history,
- details of injuries or accidents,
- other personal details relating to the claim. More ?