You are here
A veteran may be eligible to access support under a Package if:
- they are under 65 years of age at the time eligibility is determined; and
- they are receiving, or eligible to receive, Incapacity Payments under the DRCA or MRCA, SRDP under the MRCA, or a Special or Intermediate rate of Disability Compensation Payment, or Veteran Payment under the VEA; and
- they or their family are experiencing, or is at risk of experiencing, crisis; and
- it is appropriate to grant a Package of support to assist with adjusting to new and challenging life circumstances.
A veteran and veteran family member may be eligible to access services:
- up to the value of $7,500 in the first year and $5,000 in the second year;
- up to the value of $10,000 each year per child under school age, for supports for the child; and
- up to the value of $5,000 each year per child of primary school age, for supports for the child while attending primary school; and
- in addition, four courses of counselling may be available each year for a continuous period of three years, after the package of support has completed.