You are here
9.10.3 Process for reimbursement under the EIS
- reimbursement of 75% of gross wages for the first three months of employment;
- reimbursement of 40% of gross wages for the second three months of employment; and
- a retention bonus of 10% of annual gross wages (up to a maximum of $2000) if the employment is sustained beyond 12 months.
Gross wages exclude allowances, overtime, superannuation, commissions and any compensation payments.
Employers must use form D1224 Claim for reimbursement under the Employer Incentive Scheme to claim the incentive payments. This form is located on the Rehabilitation and Compensation site rehabilitation page and must be sent by the Rehabilitation Coordinator to the employer with the EIS offer letter, at the beginning of the employment period.
Employers are required to forward claims to the client's rehabilitation service provider at the conclusion of each of the employment reimbursement increments being:
- at the conclusion of the first three months after employment commences
- at the conclusion of the second three months; and
- after twelve months of commencing employment.
The rehabilitation provider is then required to send the claim to the client's DVA Rehabilitation Coordinator for payment.
Applications and Reimbursement – DVA Rehabilitation Coordinator responsibilities
Instructions for sending the D1224 Claim for reimbursement under the Employer Incentive Scheme form to employers are outlined in the R&C ISH Rehabilitation Delegate Step by Step Guide in CLIK using the Employer Incentive Scheme function.
The Rehabilitation Coordinator must issue a determination to enable each incentive payment to be released to the employer. The payment of each employer incentive must be documented in R&C ISH using the Employer Incentive Scheme function outlined in the R&C ISH Rehabilitation Delegate Step by Step Guide in CLIK.