You are here
10.12.2 Who is not eligible for MVCS?
A person will not be entitled to compensation under the MVCS if they are a resident of a care institution and are not capable of leaving that institution.
A “care institution” means:
- a residential care facility;
- a hospital;
- a hospice;
- a psychiatric institution; or
- any similar institution that provides daily care for the person, but does not include the person’s private home.
A person is not entitled to compensation under the MVCS if the person receives or has received:
- a payment or other form of assistance for the purchase of a motor vehicle; or
- a motor vehicle; or
- the use of a motor vehicle; or
- under any other law, contract, agreement or understanding within 5 years before making an application for compensation under the MVCS.
Note: This includes motor vehicles or motor vehicle modifications received under the Vehicle Assistance Scheme of the VEA or section 39 of the SRCA.