You are here
4.1 Permanent Impairment Claims in R&C ISH
R&C ISH is for use by MRCC delegates. It can be used for the following:
- to aid a delegate in determining whether the Department is liable to pay compensation for an impairment for which initial liability has been accepted
- to help determine the amount of compensation payable for permanent impairment
- to review the amount of compensation previously paid.
The rulebase for the calculator is modelled on provisions of the:
- Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988
- Compensation (Commonwealth Government Employees) Act 1971
- Commonwealth Employees' Compensation Act 1930.
Use of the R&C ISH is mandatory for all permanent impairment assessments. The assessment of all PI applications via R&C ISH will ensure the consistent application of policy and provide access to more detailed information which can be used for the analysis of PI claims and decision making processes.
The R&C ISH is also a useful tool for less experienced delegates, ensuring all appropriate issues are addressed through the investigation process. Clear documented records of outcomes obtained through use of R&C ISH help to justify decisions and provide a clear audit trail for future reference.