You are here

6.13.4 After receipt by the Location but priorand after claim details have been recorded to recording the claim details on DEFCARE


If a request to have a claim for rehabilitation and compensation withdrawn is made by a member, and the claim form has been received within the office, a file has been raised and the claim has been registered on aDVAnce/PRS, but the claim has not been recorded on Defcare the following action is to be taken:

a)The request to have the claim form withdrawn must be received in writing from the member/ex members or their legal representatives. If a written request is not forthcoming, the claim must be processed.

b)The details of the claim are to be recorded on Defcare. If a paper file has not been raised – then this must be done.

c)Defcare is to be updated as follows:

  • the Condition Determined field is to have 'Withdrawn' input
  • the Determined date field is to have the date the letter is signed input, and
  • the file is to be put away – with the claimants written withdrawal request and the acknowledgement of withdrawal letter.

d)A letter is to be sent to the member/ex member advising that their claim for rehabilitation and compensation has been withdrawn as requested. A Standard letter is provided in the Defcare letters for this purpose.