You are here
6.10.2 Procedures to be followed
Upon receipt of a request for transfer to another State or a notification of change of address to another State or region, the following procedures are to be followed. If the client has an undetermined claim they are to be advised that the claim will be fully investigated and a determination made prior to the claim being transferred. The client is to be kept informed of the action taken on the claim and advised in writing when the claim is transferred.
When transferring the claim the following action is to be taken:
- using the 'standard letter' transfer package, both the client and the receiving RCG site are to be advised of the transfer. Copies of the transfer letters should be attached to the claim file. Any issues the receiving site needs to be aware of should be noted under the relevant headings in the covering minute
- the Defcare record should be brought up to date with all decisions recorded and accounts paid
- the claim should be transferred on Defcare (see the Defcare User Manaul for full instructions). The receiving site will have instant access to the Defcare record
- the file should be forwarded to Records Administration (RA) for dispatch to the relevant state via the overnight airfreight service, and
- e-mail should be sent to the relevant team leader advising of the transfer with the covering minute as an attachment.
On receipt of the transferred claim, the receiving RCG site is to undertake the following action:
- acknowledge receipt of the claim via return e-mail
- using the 'standard letter' acknowledge receipt of the file to the client
- complete the system generation task, and
- undertake any action required on the claim.
All files that are being moved between RCG offices have to be sent via the appropriate file transfer procedures for dispatch in the first available overnight bag.
TRIM will be utilised to record the RCG Office in which the file is located.