You are here
25.1.4 Things which may be 'reasonable disciplinary action'
Reasonable disciplinary action may include processes such as:
- any process in accordance with the Defence Force Discipline Act, including:
–appearance before an officer on a formal charge of misconduct
–a court martial
- and/or disciplinary consequences of such action e.g.:
- a caution (disciplinary action need not necessarily be designed to punish):
- a verbal reprimand (formal or informal) by a supervising officer/NCO
- imposition of extra duty and/or denial of leave
- monetary penalties
- demotion, confinement to military prison or confinement to barracks etc.
- removal of employment benefits and/or dismissal.
An investigation as to whether disciplinary action is warranted, is not in itself disciplinary action:
...action taken to determine whether or not disciplinary action will be taken against an employee, although it may be characterised as part of a system or process to maintain discipline, is not action within the meaning of the definition ...