You are here

50.11 Exceptions for Serving Members


There is no requirement to obtain a medical certificate or specialist medical report to support a claim for incapacity payments for serving members. Instead the medical evidence to support the claim will come from Department of Defence either through the members medical records or written confirmation from Department of Defence that the loss was due to the accepted condition.

Although there is a requirement to undertake the 1st and General Ongoing Reviews for serving members who are placed on ongoing payments the reviews will focus on whether there is still a financial loss. This will involve a clearance through DVA SAM (Single Access Mechanism) to confirm loss of the allowance, rank or pay grade.