You are here

20.7 Specialist vs. GP opinion re: incapacity


Last amended: 20 March 2013

Most (though not all) incapacitated clients consult both a Specialist and a General Practitioner. Medical certification of incapacity for employment may of course be accepted from either that medical specialist or the GP. However, where specialist and GP advice conflicts, the specialist advice is to be preferred (always provided, that the specialty is in the field relevant to the compensable injury).