You are here

20.12.2 Overseas residence and the 1971 Act


The 1971 Act places no restrictions on weekly incapacity payments to clients living overseas. Section 121B of the 1971 Act however requires the client to give notice of departure within 7 days of leaving Australia and to report the place of residence after three months, i.e. in terms virtually identical to those of S120 of the SRCA.

Incapacity claims for overseas residents injured under the 1971 Act should be dealt with in exactly the same way as for those under the SRCA.