You are here
50.2 Initial Liability Module
Use of the Initial Liability Decision Support Module is mandatory for all new liability decisions with a date of injury post 1 December 1988. Such injuries represent around 70% of all new claims. Rules based on the 1971 and 1930 Acts are not included in this version of the module.
The introduction of this module was planned to deliver the following benefits:
- consistency in decision making
- provision of nationally consistent policy guidance via commentary
- assistance to delegates in the legislative decision making process
- an element of training in the decision making process (especially for less experienced delegates)
- a clear record of the decision making process and factors considered.