You are here
8. Order of weighting of evidence
The evidence used in the decision making process (order of weighting is from
highest to lowest) includes:
1. Primary evidence – sourced from official Air Force (or other employer) records:
- individual service and personnel records;
- the Airman's Trade Progress Sheet;
- Air Force Record of Training and Employment;
- Defence pay records where they show evidence of tank entry;
- Fuel Tank Entry Permits (from 1993-2000).
2. Secondary evidence sourced from:
- statements made to the Air Force Board of Inquiry or in support of an individual's compensation claim;
- the individual's application for inclusion in the Interim or SHOAMP Health Care Schemes.
3. Tertiary evidence:
- statutory declaration corroborated by primary or secondary evidence;
- information in a statutory declaration by the claimant, along with a second supporting statutory declaration made by an authorised person;
- personal photographs;
- personal copies of service records which are not available in official individual personnel records.