You are here
9.1 Compensation for travel and accommodation costs reasonably required or incurred under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004 (MRCA)
Last amended: 13 November 2013
- attending a rehabilitation assessment (Section 47); and/or
- attending treatment for an injury or disease (Sections 290 and 291); and/or
- transporting another person to a hospital or other institution or a mortuary after that person has sustained an accepted injury, contracted a disease or died (Section 297); and/or
- transporting a wholly dependent partner or an eligible young person entitled to treatment under the MRCA to a hospital or other institution (section 297); and/or
- attending a medical examination at the request of the Commission at any time after a claim is lodged (Section 328), for liability or compensation purposes.
Travel and accommodation costs can also be paid for travelling to obtain medical evidence or attending a review hearing by the Veterans' Review Board (VRB) (Section 353). These provisions have been imported directly from the Veterans Entitlements Act 1986 (VEA).
This section contains the following topics: