You are here
7.9.5 Education Assistance
The MRCC has established the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme (MRCAETS) that is largely based on the Veterans' Children Education Scheme established under the VEA.
An eligible child for the purpose of gaining education assistance is an eligible young person who:
- is a dependant of a member or former member suffering impairment from service injuries or diseases assessed at or above 80 points; or
- is a dependant of a member or former member who has satisfied the criteria for a SRDP safety net payment under the MRCA at some time in his or her life; or
- was a dependant of a deceased member immediately before that member's death where:
- liability for the deceased member's death has been accepted; or
- the deceased member met the criteria for a SRDP safety net payment during some period of his or her life; or
- the deceased member's permanent impairment was 80 points or more immediately before his or her death.
Refer to Chapter 9 of this manual for further information on the MRCAETS.