You are here
7.8.2 Wholly Dependent Partner benefits
Last amended: 1 July 2013
A wholly dependent partner may be entitled to:
- the wholly dependent partner's pension, either as a periodic payment, a lump sum or a combination of both (sections 234 and 236, see also 7.8.3)
- additional compensation following death (see 7.8.4)
- a gold card (see 7.8.6)
- MRCA supplement (see 7.8.5 and 7.8.6)
- bereavement payments (section 242 see also 7.10)
- financial and legal advice (section 239 see also 7.8.3)
- Income Support Supplement under the VEA (see [glossary:7.8.8:])
- clean energy supplement (section 238A) (see Comp & Support Policy Library section 7.4.2)
A wholly dependent partner with a dependant child who is receiving, or has received compensation for their partner's death is also qualified for Pensioner Education Supplement from Centrelink – see 7.18 Centrelink Pensioner Education Supplement once uploaded into CLIK.
Veterans' Entitlements Act 1986.