You are here

6.5.8 Specialist versus GP Opinion

Most persons claiming incapacity payments, consult both a Specialist and a GP.  Medical certification of incapacity for employment may of course be accepted from either that medical specialist or the GP.  However, where specialist and GP advice conflicts, the specialist advice is to be preferred, always provided that the specialty is in the field relevant to the compensable injury.