You are here
5.2.3 Additional Permanent Impairment Compensation for Another Accepted Condition
Should a claimant already be in receipt of or entitled to PI (including interim) compensation for an accepted condition or conditions and suffers another condition, additional PI compensation is payable under subsection 71(1) of the MRCA to a person if:
- liability has been accepted for the new condition(s);
- a claim for PI compensation has been lodged in respect of the new accepted condition(s);
- as a result of the accepted condition(s), the person's WPI has increased by 5 IPs;
- the impairment is likely to continue indefinitely; and
- the condition has, or, if more than one condition has been accepted, all of the conditions have, stabilised.