You are here

2.1.8 Claims for compensation

Question 21 on Form D2051 asks the claimant what benefits they are seeking and provides boxes to be ticked to indicate whether the person is seeking any of the following:

  • permanent impairment payments; 
  • incapacity payments;
  • treatment;
  • rehabilitation;
  • attendant care;
  • household services; or
  • vehicle modifications. 

While it is not necessary for a person to use Form D2051 to claim one of these benefits, a tick in one of these boxes is taken to constitute such a claim.

If a needs assessment (see section 2.3) identifies that a claimant needs - or has requested - one of these benefits, the claimant's signature on the needs assessment can also be taken to be a claim for compensation.